Lexus in Boise is eager to share the major facelift for the 2013 RX 350. The RX 350 is our top-selling crossover vehicle here at Lexus and adopts the aggressive look featured on the latest GS range and soon the ES. We already had a pretty good idea as to what the new 2013 RX will look like but now Lexus has debuted the new RX at the 2012 Geneva Motor Show.
The complete RX lineup includes:
- RX 350
- RX 450h
- a new RX 450h F-Sport model. This is the first time that Lexus is adding an F-Sport but is not surprising as the redesigned models, like the GS also have that availability.
Changes to exterior the 2013 Lexus RX
- an aggressive spindle grille
- new headlight and bumper designs
- LED daytime running lights
Interior changes to the 2013 Lexus RX
- the steering wheel has been redesigned for a more comfortable and relaxing grip
- metallic accent that enhances the look of the glove box
- a powered rear door
- USB/iPod/mp3 control are now standard as well.
As far as the engine, Lexus will continue with the 3.5-liter V-6 engine matched to a six-speed automatic with manual mode. The peak output of this engine is 270 horsepower and customers can choose between front-wheel and all-wheel-drive configurations.
Lexus RX 450 Hybrid
If you opt for the Lexus RX 450h hybrid it also comes with a 3.5-liter V-6 but matches this with a Lexus Hybrid Drive system. It delivers a total 295 horsepower and an EPA-estimated fuel economy of 32/28 mpg city/highway when in its more fuel efficient front-wheel-drive configuration. Opt for all-wheel-drive and you’ll see those figures drop to 30/28 mpg city/highway. In addition to the fuel-saving ECO mode, the RX 450h features a Sport mode. In the Sport mode, the instrument cluster light changes to red. Like the RX 350 the RX 450 hybrid will be available in a F-Sport. The F- Sport ugrade will offer a unique front bumper, revised headlights and 19 inch wheels with the “superchrome” finish.
Please contact us to stay informed on when the new RX will be available.