Peterson Lexus of Boise offers a full line of Lexus vehicles to choose from. We have a great selection of vehicles from the sporty IS to the popular RX. Travel in style in the Lexus LS or for invigorating handling try the GS sedan. No one can deny the world-class luxury of the Lexus ES. If a Hybrid is more your style come try the CT200h, ES 300h and GS 450 or RX 450h. Please contact us at 208.378.9000 with any questions you may have.
The following was a news release from Lexus:
Lexus launched in 1989 with two luxury sedans and a commitment to pursue perfection. Since that time, Lexus has expanded its line-up to meet the needs of global luxury customers. In every vehicle, Lexus incorporates innovative technologies, high-quality designs and luxury materials. With numerous models featuring Lexus Hybrid Drive, Lexus is the luxury hybrid leader and is dedicated to developing vehicles that are kinder to the Earth. Lexus’ current vehicles incorporate outstanding driving dynamic characteristics and feature a new design language that includes a spindle grille and distinctive lights, creating a signature look and feel for the luxury brand. In the United States, Lexus models are sold through 232 dealers who are committed to exemplary customer service.
The History of Lexus
1989– Lexus launched with two sedans, the LS 400 and ES 250, and a commitment to pursue perfection.
- A single consumer complaint launches a special service campaign, earning the brand recognition as the new standard in personalized service
1990– Out of thousands of parties interested in a Lexus franchise, only 121 top-notch dealers are selected for Lexus’ first year of business.
1991– Lexus introduced an all-new ES 330 as well as the SC 300 and SC 300 sport coupes.
- Lexus outsold both Mercedes-Benz and BMW to become the best-selling luxury import brand in the U.S.
1993– The GS 300 luxury sport sedan was introduced.
- Industry-leading Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) program was introduced.
1994– Completely redesigned second generation LS 400 goes on sale.
1995– 100% tariffs on select Japanese luxury vehicles proposed by U.S. government in effort to settle long-standing U.S.-Japan trade dispute.
- An agreement was reached between U.S. and Japan and trade war averted.
- The LX 450 luxury sport utility was announced.
1996 -Lexus LX 450 and all-new ES 300 go on sale.
1997– Redesigned LS 400 featuring VVT-I was introduced.
- Next-generation GS 400 and GS 300 luxury performance sedans go on sale.
1998– Lexus introduced the RX 300, which created the luxury crossover segment.
- Lexus LX 470 luxury sport utility vehicle debuted.
- Monthly sales surpass al luxury competitors – a first for any international automaker.
1999– One-millionth vehicle sold in the U.S.
2000– Lexus develops a second offering in the entry-luxury sedan category with the IS 300 sport sedan.
- First import luxury brand to sell 20,000+ vehicles in one month.
- Lexus became the top-selling luxury brand in the U.S.
2001– Lexus updates its classic SC model into a hardtop convertible, the SC 430.
- Fourth-generation ES 300 goes on sale.
2002– The ES 300 and RX 300 are America’s best-selling luxury car and SUV.
- The GX 470 mid-size luxury sport utility vehicle was announced.
- LF-S, first Lexus Future concept vehicle, unveiled in Tokyo, showcases new design philosophy.
2003-All-new second generation RX 330 goes on sale.
- LF-X concept vehicle unveiled.
- Lexus announces the RX 330 will become the first Lexus vehicle to be manufactured in North America at the Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada, Inc. (TMMC) in Cambridge, Ontario facility in Canada. It is the first plant outside Japan to produce a Lexus model.
2004– Two-millionth vehicle sold in the U.S.
2005-Introduced the world’s first luxury hybrid vehicle, the RX 400h.
- Third-generation GS 300 and GS 430 go on sale.
- All-new IS 250 and IS 350 sport sedans go on sale.
- LFA super-premium two-seat GT sports car concept revealed in Detroit
- LF-Sh concept vehicle revealed in Tokyo.
- Lexus-badged vehicles sold in Japan for the first time.
2006– Lexus’ second hybrid offering and industry’s first luxury hybrid sport sedan, GS 450h, goes on sale.
- ES 350, LS 460 and LS 460 L goes on sale.
2007– Lexus Pursuit of Potential philanthropic program launches
- Premium hybrid sedan, the world’s first full V8 hybrid vehicle, the LS 600hL goes on sale.
- F SPORT performance parts line launches at SEMA.
2008– All-new LX 570 goes on sale.
- Powered by a 416-hp V8 engine the Lexus IS F high-performance sedan was the most uncharacteristic car Lexus had ever built, demonstrating Lexus could make a car for high-performance enthusiasts.
- Winner of the first Lexus Eco Challenge announced.
2009– Lexus introduces the all-new RX 350 and RX 450h luxury utility vehicles, reinventing the vehicle that invented it all.
- The all-new IS 350C and IS 250C hard-top convertibles go on sale.
- Second-generation RX 450h goes on sale.
- More than 1 million RX vehicles have been sold in the U.S., making it the most successful luxury utility vehicle.
- HS 250h, the world’s first hybrid-only luxury vehicle goes on sale.
- All-new second generation GS 460 goes on sale.
- LF-Ch premium compact hybrid concept makes North American debut.
- Lexus’ 20th anniversary.
2010– World premiere of the CT 200h, premium compact hybrid at the Geneva Motor Show.
2011– First LFA production vehicle arrives in the United States. Only 500 hand-assembled LFA’s planned for production.
- CT200h, Lexus’ fifth hybrid vehicles, goes on sale.
- Lexus debuts new look of Lexus at the world premiere of the GS 350 at Pebble Beach Concourse d’Elegance
- World premiere of GS 350 F SPORT in Las Vegas.
2012 -World premiere of LF-LC concept vehicle in Detroit.
- LF-LC is named best concept car in the annual EyesOn Design Awards at the 2012 North American International Auto Show in Detroit.
- Fourth-generation GS 350 and GS 450h go on sale, completely redesigned, inside and out, and features the brands’ new design philosophy, with styling cues such as a distinctive new front grill, that will be seen on all future Lexus vehicles.
- Lexus debuts first-ever Super Bowl commercial for Super Bowl XLVI.
- World-premiere of redesigned LS, including the first-ever LS 460 F SPORT, debuts at the “Lexus Laws of Attraction” exhibit in San Francisco. LS models go on sale.
- Sixth generation ES 350 and first-ever ES 300h hybrid sedan go on sale.
- Final Lexus LFA was built on December 14, 2012, ending the 500 unit run of the supercar.
2013– World premiere of the third-generation IS sport sedan.
- Lexus announces the selection of 12 winners for the 1st Lexus Design Award, an international design competition that targets next generation innovators around the world.