The third generation Lexus RX 350 is here at Peterson Lexus. The new 2012 carries over with minimal changes that owners will appreciate. For 2012 Lexus RX350 owners will be able to appreciate the new fuel recommendation of 87-octane gasoline. Also, a new color Nebula Gray Pearl will replace Smoky Granite Mica. The ever popular RX 350 has a whole lot more going for it. As Lexus’s luxury family crossover, it’s available in front-wheel drive (FWD) and all-wheel drive (AWD). It is spacious, luxurious and comfortable and offers a great deal of standard options, convenience and safety technology.
The 2012 RX Line consists of:
RX 350: 3.5 Liter V6, six-speed sequential-shift automatic, dual variable valve timing with intelligence.
RX 350 AWD: 3.5 Liter V6, six-speed sequential-shift automatic, dual variable valve timing with intelligence, full-time all wheel drive
If you spend some time behind the wheel of a RX you will find that it is easy to drive and the suspension is tuned for effortless wafting and braking and bends are dealt with ease. Lexus has learned over the past 13 years not to mess with a proven success.
The emphasis that Lexus puts on safety is probably one of the biggest highlights of the third-generation mid-size luxury crossover.
Family Car guide listed the following standard safety equipment:
- 10 standard airbags, leading the segment, according to the automaker: side-curtain, front seat-mounted side airbags, rear side airbags for outboard occupants, and driver and front passenger knee airbags. If a predetermined threshold of vehicle tip-up is detected, a roll sensor signals the side curtain airbags to inflate.
- Start Stop Technology, a braking system enhancement, automatically reduces engine power when the driver applies the brake and accelerator pedal simultaneously under certain conditions.
- Hill Start Assist Control uses brake pressure to prevent the RX 350 from rolling backward when started on an incline. But the system doesn’t wait to detect rollback, as it can be controlled by the driver and works in both forward and reverse.
- Optional safety technology is also impressive:
- Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management (VDIM) handling technology governs all of the RX 350’s dynamic handling systems: Anti-lock Braking System, Brake Assist, Vehicle Stability Control and Traction Control and seamlessly employs them to make corrections when the system anticipates loss of vehicle control.
- The available Pre-Collision System with Dynamic Radar Cruise Control uses millimeter-wave radar to help maintain a pre-set following distance from a vehicle traveling ahead. If the system senses an imminent collision, it retracts the front seat belts and pre-initializes Brake Assist for increased braking ability the instant the driver applies the brakes.
- Intelligent Adaptive Front-lighting System (AFS) is available for RX 350 models equipped with HID headlamps. AFS estimates where a vehicle will be when entering a corner and adjusts the headlights’ lateral aim. The system includes an auto-leveling function and can be switched off by the driver.
- An automatic high beam system uses a camera mounted in the inner rear view mirror to switch between high and low beams in response to oncoming traffic and vehicles traveling in front.
- Optional wide-view side camera and back-up camera provide greater driver visibility at low speeds.